Monday, October 19, 2009

Happy Birthay Erin (Mommy) - We love you!

Erin - On your birthday, I wanted to take a moment to publicly brag about the amazing mother and wife that you are! Mitchell, Landon and I are blessed every day by the little things and the big things that you do.


We've been together for 10 years now. Back then, I wasn't conscientiously thinking, "I want to marry her because she is going to be a phenomenal wife and mother", and yet I knew that you were the perfect woman for me and whatever children we may have. I couldn't put it into words then, but there was something about your ability to care for others that drew me to you. I couldn't resist.



And now 10 years later, I get to see how that potential to love as it is actually lived out every day. Every day you nurture and challenge us to be more caring ourselves. For the boys, they don't know any better. As far as they are concerned, Mommy and Daddy love them... period. For me, I know that they are loved by a woman who's capacity to care for her children far out ways my wildest expectations. I can't tell you how many times I come home from work to hear of the latest example of what you and the boys do for fun and learning and think to myself, "how does she think of so many great ideas?"



So... I wanted you (and everybody else) to know that I love you! I know the boys love you (Mitchell says it with words and Landon says it with his eyes) . They can't resist... and neither can I.

- Jason (Mitchell & Landon)

1 comment:

Erin Mary said...

Jason- My three guys make being a wife and mother a true joy. I wouldn't ask for anything different, and I treasure our family each day. Thank you for your thoughtfulness on my birthday and always... te quiero